Terms and Conditions
We use our reasonable efforts to ensure the information on our web pages is accurate and up to date. We make no representation, nor give any warranty, about the accuracy or effectiveness of any research finding or surgical or medical procedure or facts contained in any research paper or otherwise displayed or depicted on this site. You must make your own assessment of the potential effectiveness of any such information. We, to the maximum extent permitted by law, disclaim all liability for any injury to any person incurred as a consequence of any information displayed on this website. We shall not therefore be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or economic damage, whether in contract, in tort, or otherwise, arising out of the use of this website or the reliance on any of the information displayed on it.
This website contains material copyright and other intellectual property rights in which we own or which appear on the website with the consent of the relevant copyright owner. These materials are made available for you to browse. You agree that the material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of our web pages is obtained entirely at your own risk and that you will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such damage. You are entitled to download them to a Personal Computer for use and for making a copy for personal use or study only. No commercial use may be made of any of this material without our express written permission. In particular, you are not permitted to view, download, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, store, reproduce or otherwise use, publish, licence, transfer or sell any derivative works (in whatever form) using any information obtained from this website other than for personal or non-commercial use.
No licence is granted to any user to the BASS trademark, logo or the Association’s name without our express written permission.
Links to other websites are made by us with the permission of the relevant site owners. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for the content or use made of any other linked site. If you wish to create a link to our website you must first obtain our permission.
The entire contents of these web pages remain our property and are copyright with all rights reserved.
Acceptable Use Policy
Accessing our site
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any service we provide on our website without notice.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this policy. You may not use our site:
– in any way that breaches any applicable laws or regulations
– in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or intention
– to post messages aimed at vulnerable persons or a person under 14 years of age
– for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any other person in any way
– to transmit, or procure the sending of, any commercial messages, advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
– to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
– not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our site;
o any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
o any software used in the provision of our site; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
– Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site
– Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site without notice
– Issue of a warning to you
– Taking legal action against you
– Reporting the issue to the police or law enforcement authority if we reasonably feel this is necessary
To the maximum extent legally permitted, we exclude liability for any actions we take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You should visit this page regularly to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be subject to modification or supplemented by other terms or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Equality and diversity
We have responsibilities under the UK’s Equality Act (2010) and European equality legislation to act without discrimination in all our practices and arrangements.
We are committed to ensure equality of opportunity and to promote diversity for all existing and potential members, affiliates, fellows, Executive members, contractors and visitors in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements.